Friday, January 13, 2006

Answered Prayer

After 1 year, 4 months and 15 days, and with God’s grace, on Monday I will be joining the workforce again. I received the good news about securing the role last Tuesday, thus the post, "Feeling Lucky".

Today, upon signing the contract and on my way to meet a friend for lunch, I called my Dad to inform him about the good news. He was delighted and said “Congratulations!”. I said "Thank You" … and then there was silence. I said, "Hello?" … then, w/ a different tone of voice, Dad said "I always find it hard to speak-up when I hear good news from you" then I heard him sob tears of joy.

I pacified him and told him, "Don’t cry Dad, this is an answered prayer. I know you’ve been praying for this too, as much as we did and we have to be happy. God is making our dreams come true." -- the same way I pacified him when he learned about our visa approval to OZ.

He said, "That’s very true" and later passed the phone to mom who was as ecstatic but not as emotional, thank goodness.

Thank you Lord for this answered prayer. I trust that you’ll bless us in our jobs and that you guide us in everything that we do. I love you!

2 comments:

frapr said...

congratulations! you are trully blessed and you deserve all the blessings.

hey, pakita ka naman sakin sa YM! hehe. :)

april

frapr said...

oops, i mean, sana magkita naman tayo sa YM minsan. wrong sentence construction. sowee! :) congrats again!