Tuesday, January 16, 2007

B-day in Beijing

I slept in and woke up at 10am today. Missing the hotel breakfast, I just munched on the left over red bean pastry I bought from the local bake shop yesterday then I started to prepare for bargain shopping in no other than the bargain shoppers paradise - the Silk Street. The last (& first) time I was here the shops were all in the sidewalk similar to what we have in Quiapo, Manila but now they've all been moved to a multi-level building. Check this out ...



I was at this building from 12 to 5pm and was back at the hotel just before Manny finished work. For dinner, hubby brought me to one of the chic new restaurants in Beijing and we both enjoyed the good food and conversation, with me sharing how I won and lost on bargains today.



That was how my day was spent ... I am officially out of the Roman calendar (uh-oh) but I have so much to be thankful for - one just waking up each morning feeling at peace, happy and healthy is already a blessing from God; living & spending quality time with my loved ones is another and the list could go on. I also have some fervent prayers waiting to be answered but I know He hears them and will grant them in His perfect time.

To everyone who remembered, thank you!

No comments: