Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Happy Easter

I hope all of you and your families enjoyed the Easter celebrations. As for us, we just stayed at home most of the long Easter weekend.

On Friday, we watched Ben-Hur (my first time) & realized it joins the Ten Commandments & Passion of Christ in the ranks of Good Friday movies. We attended the Passion Mass & Veneration of the Cross at 3pm. Our parish priest, Fr. John, in his homily focused on the importance of the cross in our lives and how thru the cross we experience the glory of love. Although the church was packed (we were standing at the back) it was so solemn that everyone was touched by his words. I was teary-eyed after the sermon.

My cousin (who stayed w/ us for 2 months) moved to her own apartment on Saturday morning so we helped her transport her stuff. Memories of our move last year came rushing back, I hope it will be awhile before we'll have to do that again ... and hopefully not until I've done some spring-cleaning!

On Easter Sunday, we joined our friends celebrate the baptism of their first child, Wolfgang Kris. The mood was festive, more so like Christmas, and just the best day for Christenings! Our friends imported their mum from Phil to help in the early months of their first child, so the lunch we shared were genuine lutong-bahay pinoy food c/o the mum. Yum!

Hubby & I just cruised around the city on Easter Monday. We were kinda interested about the Easter show but we ended up in DFO & we did some shopping (ok, ok, more of me while hubby was in the bookstore).

I'd say it was a quiet long weekend for us ... something new as we always did long drives from Manila to La Union back in Phil & a Sydney-Adelaide (+ unplanned Phils - another story) trip last year; and something we actually prefer doing so as to focus on the more important things of the Easter season (ok except the shopping hehe).

No comments: