Tuesday, July 04, 2006

"Till Death Do Us Part"

Today is the 36th wedding anniversary of Mom & Dad and this is the first time Dad is celebrating it w/o Mom beside him. Wedding anniversary is a celebration of the union of a couple and now that Mom is gone, the thought of Dad celebrating it alone pains me so much. How is he supposed to celebrate it? How are we supposed to greet Dad? I tried to put myself in his situation and it was barely bearable. Happy memories of Mom & Dad together keep on flashing to my mind and I cried heavily today. I was hoping that by crying I could lessen the pain that Dad has to go thru. It hurts to know that I'll never see them together again and I can't imagine how much more painful it is for Dad. It could be 10 x more.

I phoned him just then and he said he woke up early today to bring her flowers and to share his pandesal with her. He said she always wanted flowers on this day and he enjoyed their special breakfast date. He did make it special in his own little way and I know Mom was very happy watching him from above. I thanked Dad for being true to his wedding vows of "till death do us part" and for loving Mama so much. He said he loves Mama so much even after death that he would court her again in his next life. He feels the loneliness and emptiness now that Mom is gone but he is still thankful that he has us, their children.

It was a difficult and heavy day but we just have to believe that Mom is in a better place now with the loving care of God where there is no more pain and suffering. Dad, always remember that we share your pain and we are always here to love and support you.

WE love you Mom & Dad and happy anniversary to you both!

8 comments:

Jody said...

Mare, I cried reading your post...Hugs to you!

Jody said...

Mare, I cried reading your post...Hugs to you!

Jody said...

Hi Mare! I cried reading your post...Hugs to you!

la 0008 said...

My dear, thanks for sharing... Bigla ko tuloy na-imagine how you look like kanina na kausap kita. Always remember d2 lang kami, na we love you and and2 lang kami for you, ok?

frapr said...

hi che-ann, naiyak ako sa kwento mo. i can relate to your post. we can only imagine how the other half feels. hugs to you, sis! god bless! :)

Anonymous said...

hi che-ann, i can only imagine how my mom feels whenever their anniversary comes around, but all these time since my dad passed we've always greeted her a happy wedding anniversary and i think it makes her happy that we always remember it. i hope it will be the same with your dad. hugs to you and welcome back to blogging!

Tina said...

Sis, I can't help not to cry for you and ur dad. I can feel the pain. Hang on sis...

Maan / Marianne said...

hello! it's my first time to "open" your blog. this post brought me to tears. your dad surely made your mom loved even after death. God bless you and the whole family!